[svlug] Intrusion detected: What's the best response

Sanatan Rai sanatan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 02:13:45 PDT 2014

On 9 June 2014 09:53, Jesse Monroy <jesse650 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'd expect more questions. New? No.

    It was new in 2011, when I bought it. Not any more...

> Consider building your own router, or buy something at least 2 years old and
> had been patched.

   The firmware's been patched whenever's there's been an update. It's
on the latest firmware.

   Unfortunately, building my own isn't an option...have a (non
sysadmin) day-job, family etc.

   As I said, the main point of worry is that (seemingly) there was
someone logged in even though it's set up to reject incoming
connexions. That would seem to rule out the same make/model as it
points some fundamental flaw in how this's been implemented.

--Sanatan

--
Sanatan Rai
3, Admirals Court,