[svlug] Root Android tablet hw & run Linux Distro (KUbuntu, Debian, ?) Howto? ; gre

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sun Oct 30 16:47:11 PST 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 05:42:08PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> If you want KUbuntu buy an intel tablet. I can't comment on them, I like my

By 'intel tablet', I generally meant any tablet that is meant to run linux
with X out of the box (Atom or whatever if you want low power).

There are of course ARM tablets running moblin or whatever it's called
nowadays, but that will not give you KDE and a full featured heavy duty web
browser. Unfortunately those take RAM and CPU, which low power ARM tablets
are usually short on.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/