[svlug] disk repair

test ya darwalost at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 8 19:51:22 PDT 2011

I like to use testdisk and or ddrescue depending on the issue and the speed
corruption/scratching. Testdisk is very simple if you know the location of the
files. ddrescue is nice for imaging a damaged and or dieing drive as it can read
backwards and reread an area over and over again getting as much data as you can
so you can repair the disk at your leisure. Good luck.
Chris White