[svlug] Recommended distribution for a small business?

mark weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Wed Jan 31 14:43:29 PST 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 14:13, Clyde Jones wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>  I am building a couple of boxes for a small business and they are
> very open to the idea of having linux as their desktop.
>   I was planning on using Ubuntu, as it is getting rave reviews for
> ease of use.
> Is there a distro aimed at small businesses?
>   I need some planner software, faxing, maybe some accounting software
> and I don't know what else.
I think Ubuntu would definitely be a good starting point. They also have a
server that works efficiently partly because it does not support a graphical
user interface.

> FWIW I found a bunch of articles about how nice it is, but not much else.
Going here: http://www.ubuntu.com/
can be the portal to a large support community and lots of knowledge about
Ubuntu and Linux.

Also, SVLUG has installfests and other events where you can learn more.

--
Mark Weisler