[svlug] Netiquette (was Re: Which Xubuntu?)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jan 24 18:31:49 PST 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:14:58 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> (Please don't CC me on list replies.  I'm clearly on the list, and the
> list is apparently set up to not send duplicates to people when they're
> CCed, so I get the direct copy, which can mess with threading if I reply
> to my copy and other people reply to the list copy(?).  Not to mention
> it doesn't get filtered to my svlug folder, which is annoying.)

All of the above is entirely up to you. Set your MUA to auto-discard CC's
to you that you already get, and set your subscription options to receive
duplicates. The only MUA's that properly reply to mailing lists are from
M$, and even then, only to lists that munge Reply-To. It's not reasonable
to expect everybody to use those, especially on a list where it would not
benefit anyone due to the lack of Reply-To munging.