[svlug] Fluxbunut & Xubuntu

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 22 11:41:12 PST 2007

> However, for people not already used to anything except perhaps
> Windows, HIG-based defaults are the cat's pajamas.

I can't really speak for "people used to only Windows", having not been
such since WfW 3.11 days, but suspect the point's debatable -- having
used the canonical HIG-infested OS (Mac OS 6.x-8.x) extensively circa
1988-94 and having personally found the experience oppressive and a bit
creepy.

> How quickly we forget:
> http://linuxmafia.com/isos/debian/

I was indeed unaware of that for whatever reason.  (I notice that
it seems to be your subdirectory.)  That's handy; thanks.  At the same
time, it doesn't explain why and how, really, which are nice to provide
at the same time.