[svlug] free equipment - needs a home

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Jan 22 11:23:46 PST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:17:50 -0800, Paul Cubbage wrote:

> Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:23:16 -0800, Paul Cubbage wrote:
>>

>>> I picked up the 4 systems plus a monitor that Eric has generously
>>> contributed.
>>>
>>> Now I need a place to deliver to.  Anyone?  I can put them in a cube at
>>> Open Country but don't want to keep handling them.
>>>
>>> The disks had to be removed as there was organization data on it.   I
>>> had 3 4gb and 1 8gb disks to contribute.  If anyone has anything bigger
>>> to add, please respond.
>>>
>>> Paul Cubbage
>>>

>> If they are 3.5" PATA drives, I doubt anyone will want them. Even older
>> systems do better with cheap new drives.
>>
> Granted, but they're not much use without any disks.

The disks are not much use without any disks? -ENOPARSE

The machines can run a LiveCD until suitable disks may be obtained, by
which time, all the hardware-related quirks will have been smoothed out as
they relate to the coming Linux installation, and it won't have to be
redone due to not knowing some things about how the hardware will work
under Linux.