[svlug] Fluxbunut & Xubuntu

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Mon Jan 22 10:37:04 PST 2007

I meant that Xubuntu is maintained by the Ubuntu
team and that Fluxbuntu is not. That's what I
gathered from my research anyway.

Rick, much thanks for all the info on your
experiences with Xubuntu. And I think our
definition of a "clean" desktop are much in line.

We used Ubuntu before, but I found things like
bouncing mouse icons while waiting for an app to
open far too reminiscent of a certain operation
system I try to avoid.

I was searching at that time for a desktop less
cluttered, more along the lines of the HP-UX and
Solaris workstations I had used in the past at
previous jobs. Something less glitzy and more
"let's get down to work."

Thanks again for all the input!

Skip

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:56:26 -0700, Skip Evans wrote:
>

>>Someone on the list suggested Fluxbuntu since I
>>like the Fluxbox desktop, but then Koa, the sys
>>admin, suggested Xubuntu and I believe, though I'm
>>not certain, he said that this distro is
>>maintained by the Ubuntu team, so it may be a
>>better choice for that reason.
>

> Must have been a miscommunication. Xubuntu is maintained by the Ubuntu
> team; Fluxbuntu isn't.

Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
61 W Broadway