[svlug] Firefox/Thunderbird closing

Ken Blake kblake2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 13:13:38 PST 2007

Skip,

On 1/20/07, Skip Evans <skip at bigskypenguin.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have two Debian workstations running a 2.6
> kernel and on both them Firefox and Thunderbird
> will just close at seemingly random times.

Have you installed/upgraded any plugins, add-ons, themes, etc.  I
upgraded from flash v7
to flash v9 Wed night.  Saturday morning my wife asked if I did
anything because Firefox
has been crashing left and right for the past two days.  I changed the
sym links to point
back to v7 (which I hadn't deleted yet) and so far no crashes (or as
my previous employer
called them, premature exits).  Also note that my wife wasn't visiting
flash heavy sites but
places like ebay (which might use flash in some ads?).    I haven't
heard anyone else
having problems with the new version of flash and this certainly isn't
a definitive test.
This is with the latest version of firefox and she also tried an older
version of Mozilla which
also crashed.

Ken