[svlug] botnets

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 8 15:14:05 PST 2007

Quoting Joe Buck (Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM):

> The colleague in question was a highly capable developer, who tracked
> the issue down in detail.  This guy is no slouch, and one of his
> hobbies was reverse-engineering Tivo boxes as well as defeating some
> of Tivo's early attempts at defeating such efforts.

{silly wild-assed guess:}  You worked with Tridge, too?

Sure, I'd implicitly take his word on software engineering.  He might
just take my word on network security, though.  ;->

Anyhow, sure, some people did get bitten by OpenSSH holes in those days.
The thing's held better lately, though I don't have a lot of confidence
in it.

--
Cheers,                               I remember Fred, 1919 - 2005.
Rick Moen                        http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/fred.html
rick at linuxmafia.com