[svlug] linux graphical lossless mp3 cutter?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Jan 1 01:46:20 PST 2007

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:19:07 -0800
Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> wrote:

> I've been trying to find a better mp3 cutter, which would basically
> allow me to cut out pieces of an mp3 (commercial or whatever)
> without decoding/reencoding the entire file.

I didn't try it and I'm delaying to solve a similar problem, it
doesn't have a GUI but it may be sufficiently sophisticate so solve
your problem.

aubio-tools
 aubio gathers a set of functions for audio signal segmentation and
labelling. The library contains a phase vocoder, onset and pitch
detection functions, a beat tracking algorithm and other sound
processing utilities.

 This package provides command line tools to run the different
algorithms.

other tools:
quelcom               - Command line editing tools for MP3 and WAV

with GUI
audacity, ecawave, kwave

a note for myself:
tagtool