[svlug] RE: mail from dynamic IPs)

Gary Lin glin at employees.org
Fri Jun 18 15:18:21 PDT 2004

Actually, AOL blocks all mails from dynamic IPed SMTP server long long times
ago.  So, this is really not something *new*.  I could definitely understand
why people will want to enforce this considering that I see hundreds of SPAM
mails on my mail server everyday.  To work around it, you can relay all yahoo
and aol mails to your ISP's SMTP server by using the smart host.
Or, better yet, get a static IP address.

-- Gary

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:05:10 -0700, David Hummel wrote