[svlug] from nirmala

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Jun 9 21:59:05 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 21:40, Nirmala Thiagarajan wrote:

> I have one doubt regarding linux. Is it possible to have both redhat
> and suse os in the same box?
> Both are using the same kernel. So is it possible? If possible plz
> give the details about that.

On different partitions, yes.
Don't try to overlap them.

P.S.: I guess, if you're _very_ knowledgeable, you _could_ overlap a few
directories in the same partition. E.g., portions of /home, under
certain conditions, for distributions that are not too different, could
be the same.
However, i mention this just as a theoretical case. Again, don't try
this unless you know Linux inside-n-out.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/