[svlug] Maintaining config files for various servers

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Tue Jul 27 12:51:55 PDT 2004

Rsync was what I thought about, too - at least for parts of my problem.

I tried CVS, but had real big problems to only get the files in there that I
wanted and leave the others out.
Plus, it creates the stupid CVS control direcotries everywhere...
So I don't want to do this...
I would still use CVS on the central repository to keep a backup and change
history , but don't want to operate it right on the servers...