[svlug] Who uses open source?

Anthony Ettinger apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 11:13:04 PDT 2004

--- stripes <stripes at tigerlair.com> wrote:
> Hi Skip,
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything with a quick
> google search, but
> here's off the top of my head who does:
>
> HP
> IBM
> Redhat (duh :)
> Novell
>
> I did find this:
> http://www.dodds.net/~hozer/opensource.html
>
> -Anne
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:29:56AM -0600, skip evans
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm preparing a presentation/pitch to the local
> chamber of commerce here in
> > bustling Whitehall, Montana (don't ask), and some
> time ago I saw a mention
> > on this list referencing a site that lists some
> big players who use open
> > source and perhaps what products.
> >
> > Anyone remember this site? It would be great to
> include in my presentation.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Skip

There are many companies who use it, even unknowingly
with a virtual domain on apache/linux servers.

yahoo is one bigname that i know of. Also, lots of
companies use Perl for server side scripts etc. i'd
say just about every company uses open source in one
form or another.

=====
Anthony Ettinger
apwebdesign at yahoo.com
http://www.apwebdesign.com
Instant Messengers:
1) yahoo im: apwebdesign   2) aol im: apwebdesignxl
3) msn im: apwebdesignxl at hotmail.com   4) icq im: 659139