[svlug] sound card with an AM/FM radio?

Anthony Ettinger apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 14:12:58 PDT 2004

Hi all,

So I'm trying to stream live AM radio (A's games) from
my pc. I've found that with DarkIce and IceCast, I can
hook up anything to my soundcard input device and
stream it. Easy enough, only I can't change the
station remotely, and I'd have to turn on the radio
before I left for work.

I'm curious if there's any hardware out there that I
would be able to change the radio station AM/FM, and
start and stop the radio feed from the Linux command
line.

Incidently, I know MLB doesn't authorize duplication
of baseball games, but the only reason I'm doing this
is for personal use. My radio doesn't get a signal
from my office cube, and MLB.com it's $60 for real
media feed.

=====
Anthony Ettinger
apwebdesign at yahoo.com
http://www.apwebdesign.com
Instant Messengers:
1) yahoo im: apwebdesign   2) aol im: apwebdesignxl
3) msn im: apwebdesignxl at hotmail.com   4) icq im: 659139