[svlug] How to get process information when kernel complains out of memory?

Henry Jen henryjen at ztune.net
Thu Jul 15 22:06:56 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 08:59 -0400, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:56:38 -0700
> Henry Jen <henryjen at ztune.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to snapshot the process information when the system
> > does not response due to out of memory? I am looking for a more
> > automatically way which will snapshot the status automatically when
> > system is running out of memory because I don't know when will this
> > happen again.
>
> $ top -n1 > file

Yes, but how to make it automatically called when out of memory occurs?
What I can think of is maybe put a script to /etc/rc6.d so that when I
press ctrl-alt-del, at least the information was stored, but I would
like a more precise way to do so when the system running out of memory
and hopefully will only be done once.

Best wishes,
--
Henry Jen <henryjen at ztune.net>