[svlug] Re: svlug Digest, Vol 287, Issue 4

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 6 13:32:20 PDT 2004

ian maclure wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 12:01, svlug-request at lists.svlug.org wrote:
>
>	[snip]
>

>>From: Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu>
>>To: svlug at lists.svlug.org
>>Subject: [svlug] recommend a necktie
>>Date: 05 Jul 2004 14:18:45 -0700
>>
>>Can somebody recommend a necktie vendor who sells tux ties? I can find
>>many with circuit boards, binary code etc., but none so far with tux on it.
>>I need one to send subliminal messages at suit-and-tie events. :-)
>>
>>Sameer
>>

>	I believe the time for sublimination has passed.

The MIS world moves in baby steps (BTW, we still call it MIS). Strategy
happens ATF (after the fact). Business schools like frameworks, metrics,
ROI, TCO, etc. They don't like sudden changes...believe me, sublime
messages...

>	We need to let people know they need to get with the program
>	or be crushed like bugs.
>	What you need, my man, is a full penguin suit.

I don't think Scott's going to give that one up :-) He *might* need it
again  >8=)~

>	But then I am not famed for my diplomacy :)

A little penguin pattern peeking between the lapels of a Macy's suit
should do for now.
--
Sameer

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.