[svlug] DVD burner question

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sun Oct 26 18:19:45 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 02:48, Scott Hess wrote:
> I used growisofs from dvd+rw-tools.  It appeared to me that it was
> generating the iso and burning at the same time.  I'll probably transition
> to generating an iso first, though, given media costs and burn times (it's
> like the good old days of CD-R!).

My grandpa just bought the external DVD+-R/RW and I tried it out on my
machine, but didn't actually burn anything.  I did a lot of reading tho.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the difference between
growisofs and mkisofs is.  It seemed like growisofs is more used for a
UDF-like packet-writing rather than a cut-and-dry burn of an iso image,
but I could be totally off.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>