[svlug] cdrecord and music

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Oct 9 05:01:10 PDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Nick Austin wrote:

> You should try installing k3b
>
> http://k3b.sourceforge.net/

	I looked around and found the Nome burner which is very literal.
It uses cdrecord and cdrdao and looks pretty good. CD-Roast uses only
cdrecord.

> This is an excellent program that will enable you to burn CD's without
> learning all the intricacies of cdrecord and cdrdao.
>
> If you deside that the command line it the way to go, then cdrdao is what
> you seek.

	No question on that Nick. I did make a copy using cdrdao on the
command line and it did very well, but the product still will not run in
the truck. The cdrdao copy .... command works even with a user login
which is nice, but the cdrdao scanbus fails to find anything as user.
So I guess your expected to use root.

	I will get k3b and see how it looks Nick. They do nice work at
sourceforge.