[svlug] cdrecord and music

Mike Castle dalgoda at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 8 15:38:18 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:56:11PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> I recorded on highest speed do not work well in my car (that, of course,
> is not a proof, there might be other factors - burner, CD itself)

Recording speed shouldn't be an issue.

My biggest issue has been choice of media.  If I choose cheap brand X, they
won't work on some players.  If I choose more expensive brand Y, it will
work.  Same burner.  Same speed.  Same software.

My old (dead) cd-burner worked better with cdrdao, and I tended to use
gcdmaster that came with the cdrdao source.

[As a side note, anyone know of any tool that will automatically strip
leading and trailing silense from sound files?  Looking for sort of the
audio equivalent of pnmcrop.]

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda at ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/