[svlug] Linux for my mom?

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 5 02:17:37 PDT 2003

Frank Arnold wrote:
> Because  she keeps getting "authentication errors" and SBC doesn't know
> anything about them, at least so they claim. And partly because she is
> afraid
> of technology and not really willing to go through a process of
> elimination.

   authentification errors from whom? when? ppp? does it work from
windows? I don't use SBC dial-up but I guess there are quite a few
people that do so it shouldn't be hard to find out what's the problem by
posting either to this list or some other appropriate forum...

   it's of course your choice, what I mean is that when having ISP
problems the curtomer support is rarely helpful (regardles of OS). so I
wouldn't be too concerned about whether they directly support linux or not.

	erik