[svlug] EVMS for home users?

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Wed Oct 30 00:15:14 PST 2002

Aloha,

I just got me a new disk for my bloated workstation at home. I'm going
to move some of my music into it to balance the partition usage, and I
bumped into an interesting question - should I partition it the old
fashioned way, or should I give EVMS a try? I don't see myself doing
snapshots nor striping nor RAID-5 games, but I'm wondering if there are
any reasons to think about doing it for future reorganization ease
reasons. any comments (on or offlist) will be appreciated.

--
Now with less sodium
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.