Point of debate--> was Re: [svlug] Installing NVIDIA Drivers on RH 8.0

Greg Herlein gherlein at herlein.com
Wed Oct 23 16:51:48 PDT 2002

I am considering getting an OSX box though, purely because it's
firewire and movie editing software is so nice and easy to set
up.  I've been a linux purist sine '94 and getting my bos to use
firewire to download from my camera is *still* not working,
despite my hours of twiddling.

Linux is perfect for servers and I'll never use anything else on
servers.  It's great for a lot of appliances and embedded apps
too.  But even I, stalwart that I am, begin to doubt that it's
usefullness as a desktop OS for more general things is not going
to materialize.  God, I hope I'm wrong.

Greg