[svlug] Re: setting the reply-to address in pine

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Sat Oct 19 20:04:04 PDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 07:40:43PM -0700, Todd G. Gardner wrote:
>Hello again,
>
>Thank you to Robert Hajime Lanning about how to retrieve a message from my
>pop3 server "mail.earhtlink.net/pop3".  I believe that adding the to the
>inbox path is one main step but I think that I may need to do somethiing else
>too.
>
>The reason that I say that is because when I send a message through pine the
>reply to address is "loginname"@earhtlink.net where "loginname" comes from my
>personal rh72 system.
>
>How do I set the reply to address in pine?
>
>Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Well here is part of a very old .pinerc I had (I do recommend you just
try mutt instead). The key is 'allow-changing-from' in the feature list
and also customized-hdrs=From: you at yourdoain.com

// George

personal-name="first last"
user-domain=yourdomain.com
smtp-server=smtp.yourdomain.com
inbox-path=/var/spool/mail/list
incoming-folders=
folder-collections=~/List/[]
signature-file=~/.sigs/ICXCsig
global-address-book=~k6g/Mail/.addressbook
address-book=~/List/.addressbook
feature-list=allow-changing-from,
	quit-without-confirm,
	signature-at-bottom,
	enable-mail-check-cue,
	enable-tab-completion,
	compose-maps-delete-key-to-ctrl-d,
	enable-exit-via-lessthan-command,
	expunge-without-confirm,
	fcc-on-bounce,
	include-text-in-reply,
	print-includes-from-line
customized-hdrs=From: you at yourdoain.com
default-fcc=sent-mail
default-saved-msg-folder=saved-messages
postponed-folder=postponed-msgs
form-letter-folder=form-letter
initial-keystroke-list=
default-composer-hdrs=
viewer-hdrs=
saved-msg-name-rule=saved-msg
goto-default-rule=INBOX
incoming-startup-rule=first-recent
character-set=ISO-8859-1
editor=vi
speller=ispell
composer-wrap-column=72
reply-indent-string=">"
empty-header-message="You better address this, or it won't get anywhere!"
image-viewer=xv

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
File, Print, DB and DNS Servers.       http://www.galis.org/george