[svlug] project management system

Ron theotiwii at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 9 08:40:54 PDT 2002

SB wrote:

> I am looking for a FREE project management and tracking system
> like www.iteamwork.com which can be hosted on a local intranet
> server, anyone knows any?

Yes. I use Phpgroupware (http://www.phpgroupware.org/). it's currently
at 0.9.14, if you don't mind a few idiosyncrasies I expect you'll be
satisfied (I used a number of packages prior to this so I understand how
bad it can get :-(

The system is modularized, the admin controls the included modules,
users can then select those they want (if access level is appropriate
:-)

I have append additional info to assist in your evaluation, good luck.

-Ron

This is a blurb from their site:

Our API is in a very modular, object orientated design, which allows
developers access to the information and functions they need.
The phpGroupWare API has the following features:

    * A very modular and flexible API which has been designed to make it
fairly simple to add new features and applications.
    * A collection of the common Groupware applications

Most of the current modules (not all are ready for prime time):

Addressbook - Contact manager with Vcard support.
Admin - phpGroupWare administration application
Backup - An online configurable backup app to store data offline.
Bookkeeping - Small accounting program.
Bookmarks - Manage your bookmarks with phpGW. Has Netscape plugin.
Brewer - Manages your home-brew recipes.
Calendar - Powerful calendar with meeting request system and ACL
Cart - An online shopping program.
Cdb - Contact DataBase management system.
Chat - Chat module.
Chora -  View CVS repositories.
Comic -  Displays comic strips.
Developer_tools - Contains the language management system.
Dj - An interface to a db of local mp3 audio files, which may be served
Eldaptir - LDAP browser
Email - Email reader with multiple accounts and mailbox filtering.
Etemplate -  interactive editor for eTemplates (new template type) and
database table-editor (creates tables_current.inc.php and updates autom.
tables_update.inc.php)
Felamimail - Email reader originally based on Squirrelmail.
Filemanager
Forum - Subject matter message board.
Ftp - FTP client.
Headlines - Read news site headlines.
Hr -  Human resource - Company Directory.
Img - Image Editor.
Infolog - CRM type app using Addressbook, Notes, Phonelog.
Inv
Manual
Mediadb
Meerkat
Netsaint
News_admin
stable
Nntp
Notes
Phpgwapi - The core of phpGroupWare, the API itself...
Phpsysinfo
Phpwebhosting
Polls
Preferences
Projects
Qmailldap
Registration
Soap
Squirrelmail
Stocks
Timetrack
Todo
Tts
Wcm   Website layout and content management based on sites of pages of
Weather
Xmlrpc