[svlug] Recovering sound card settings from kernel

Sean McAfee mcafee at transmeta.com
Sat Oct 5 17:33:40 PDT 2002

Hi, everyone--

I recently had to build and install a new kernel on my work machine to
support a new CD-R drive.  The source with which the original kernel
was compiled was not available, so I didn't know what the correct sound
card settings were; so I have no sound under the new kernel.

Is there a way to obtain the sound card settings from a running kernel?
I've poked around /proc, but couldn't find anything that looked relevant.

I know I might be able to get the settings from a local sysadmin, but it
would be nice to know how to get this info in the future when a sysadmin
isn't around.

--Sean