[svlug] Backup strategies

hvrietsc@myrealbox.com hvrietsc at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 5 16:28:45 PDT 2002

but unless you quiesce the application your snapshot could still contain
half written files and such. that is why commercial backup programs
spend a lot of time in quiescing applications, but the only safe way
is if the application itself has quiescing build in and IT starts the
backup.

but for most home uses all that isn't necessary.