[svlug] Re: word

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Oct 4 22:24:23 PDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:38:59 -0700
David E Weekly <david at weekly.org> wrote:

>>> Frankly, I think PDF is a *much* better fit for this kind of thing
>>> than

>> Agreed.

> Settled, then. PDF it is. =)

PDF presents a problem for those companies that want to stomp your
resume thru their template and onto their letterhead.  Admittedly such
are less common than they once were, but they're still out there.  These
are the same companies (or reps to be precise) to gripe at flat text as
they have to manually pour it thru the template etc etc yada yada and
feel themselves put upon.

I tend to view the fact that a rep is griping about handling a resume
when that is a fundamental part of their job, both for their employer
and in representing their candidates a rather clear indicator of
amateurism and threat them accordingly.  Its possible that the feedback
loop from my partial dismissal of them on this point leads into the
next paragraph.

As I've yet to receive a job offer, or any sign that a job offer was
reasonably likely thru such a rep or agency (oddly they seem to only be
involved with positions that are of minor interest and relevance to me)
I really don't worry about such.

--
J C Lawrence