[svlug] Re: word

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Oct 4 22:00:47 PDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:53:11 -0700
David E Weekly <david at weekly.org> wrote:

>> On the other side, some companies send your resume directly to
>> /dev/null if it's a word document.

> Only the kind of ridiculously self-righteous Linux company that will
> crumble under its own hubris in the course of a year or two (and would
> be no fun to work at, to boot).

Hardly.  In the last few years (since the start of the recession), per
my logs I've run into four.  Worth noting, and I think this is a minor
fact given the sample size, is that all were startups, and all had
received funding (angel or first round) within the last few months (ie
during the recession).

  Note that I won't necessarily notice sites that refuse/discard Word
  resumes as I never supply Word documents.  I only notice those that
  make a point of it.  It could easily be that the percentage is much
  higher as I only hear about the ones that happen to mention it (I talk
  to a little over 100 agencies and clients per year).

ObNote: Of the four, only one failed to clear second round.  The other
three are still going strong and at least one is clearing their third
round.

--
J C Lawrence