[svlug] Letter from Mike Honda

Tim tim at tetro.net
Fri Oct 4 21:49:11 PDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:28:07PM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
> A while ago I sent an email to Mike Honda, mostly about the CARP stuff, but I
> also mentioned the DMCA.  He replied in almost exactly a month (which I
> believe is pretty good all things considered...)

I got a very similar letter from Mike Honda a few weeks after I went to
digitalconsumer.org and submitted that auto-fax-your-congress-members
form about the DMCA.

The first paragraph is identical to the one in my letter, except
"Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA)" was in mine, where yours says
"Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel's (CARP) recent royalty rate
recommendations".  Also, 3 other paragraphs are word-for-word identical
to 3 paragraphs in mine.

A month seems pretty slow considering how impersonal the reply was.

I'm still debating wether to vote for him or Jeff Landauer
<http://www.landauer2002.org>.

   - Tim