[svlug] Re: word

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Oct 4 21:41:38 PDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
Graham Freeman <graham at calteg.org> wrote:

> In this case, this organization called me up and offered me a job.
> One of the prerequisites for getting this job was that I give them a
> CV in Word format.

I've been in that position regularly -- several times a year in fact,
sometimes a dozen or more times a year.  I've yet to supply a Word
document (I don't have Word, or any systems capable of running Word),
I've yet to receive any indication that supplying only flat text and PDF
were any detriment, and in a couple case the fact that I
couldn't/wouldn't supply Word were looked on as a positive factors (that
I must be a "real" Unix guy, and not a faux pretender).

--
J C Lawrence