[svlug] Re: word

Graham Freeman graham at calteg.org
Fri Oct 4 15:54:44 PDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:39:06AM -0700, Graham Freeman wrote:
> > http://jahiel.net/cv/
> > It's in Word format - sorry.  I'm a Linux advocate, but 90% of the folks
> > who view my CV are Word users.
>
> And what's HTML for?
>
> Marc

Web pages.

In this case, this organization called me up and offered me a job.  One of
the prerequisites for getting this job was that I give them a CV in Word
format.  I'm not going to jeopardize that by getting high-and-mighty over
their choice of word processing software.  Now that I have the job, I'm in
a position to recommend superior replacements for the proprietary software
that they're using.

-Graham