[svlug] Backup strategies

Sanatan Rai sanat at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 4 09:28:33 PDT 2002

Hello all:

I recently received an unusual request. We have a Prof who wants a Linux
box with a backup scheme. The only thing is that he wants everything
backed up on hard disc. This is simple enought to do by putting a
tar/bzip2 script in cron, but I was wondering if there are sounder
strategies. Any suggestions?

--Sanatan

Sanatan Rai,                      | E.-mail: sanat at stanford.edu
Dept. of Management Sc. & Engg.   | Home: 100 N. Whisman Road 4316,
Stanford University,              |       Mountain View, Ca 94043.
Stanford, Ca 94305.               | 'phone: (650) 964 0220 (R)
EMail: sanat at stanford.edu                   (650) 736 2109 (O)