[svlug] Re: stats collections

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Tue Oct 1 05:55:41 PDT 2002

Quoting Ira Abramov, from the post of Tue, 01 Oct:
> I have a creaping feeling like I'm reinventing a wheel here...
>
> I'm sitting and writing a set of /proc grokking scripts to report system
> IO, memory, load and other stats on an MRTG graph. it feels like a hack
> that must have been hacked better before. I'm aware of
> http://mrtg-pme.sf.net/ but still, I want to be able to adjust time
> resolution and stick a few more than just two lines on each graph if
> possible. anyone got ideas? Can I save myself time?

Google is not enough, one needs a good brain fitted.
s/stats collection/performance monitoring/

this looks promising. going to try it out now...
http://zabbix.sourceforge.net/

--
Selfless bastard
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.