[svlug] Cross platform virus question?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Mar 28 12:21:01 PST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:

> avx has just claimed to have found the first cross-platform(windows(?)
> and Linux) virus. Of course the details are somewhat sketchy.
> Would/could someone who has a better understanding maybe make a easier
> to understand explanation. Details are here:
> http://support.avx.com/cgi-bin/command/solution?11=010327-0017&130=09857
> 31825
> web site here:  http://www.avx.com/

So, if it came into my mailbox (/home/deirdre/Mail/<whatever>), it'd look
for executables in /home/deirdre/Mail, then all the way up to /. And find
none. Even if it did, it'd find none that user deirdre can infect.

However, if this isn't a good argument against a dual-boot system, I dunno
what is.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams