[svlug] clicky keyboard

kmself@ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 22 13:55:01 PST 2001

on Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 07:53:29PM -0800, bgallowa at wso.williams.edu (bgallowa at wso.williams.edu) wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 07:15:22PM -0800, Rafael wrote:
> > By the way, when did you last use Pause/Break, Scroll Lock, and
> > PrinScreen/SysRq?
>
> Well, I haven't used Pause/Break since perhaps stopping acidwarp on a
> dos box in 1992; I haven't used SysRq since dealing with a thrashing
> linux box last week.
>
> Scroll Lock, now, that's another story entirely:
>
> spoo:~$ cat .Xmodmap
> keysym Caps_Lock = Escape
> clear Lock

An right-minded, red-blooded, geek knows that the proper use of the key
to the left of 'A' is Ctrl.  My console and X sessions are so mapped.  I
mean, with emacs bash edit mode...waitaminute, you're one of them
vi-bindings moded shell editors, ain't you.  Pansy!

> Lordy, that's useful.  It eliminates my #1 annoyance with vi, namely
> having to leave home position to hit Esc all the time.

Leaving home?  Boy, ah say boy, you should get out more often.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/