[OT] was:Re: [svlug] Consider my mini-HOWTO

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Mar 21 08:30:02 PST 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 02:26:05PM -0800, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:

> Ammusing, but why would www.faucetdepot.com and www.ourhouse.com
> sponsor "Bite me Rick Moen"? Is this like when Bruce Perens
> sponsored "Eric Raymond" search pages?

They bought ads on "Moen" searches without excluding "Rick Moen"

Interestingly enough, you can tell how often people search for something
on Google by creating a Google AdWords ad tied to it and looking at the
estimated impressions per month.

dmarti at zgp.org            -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.