[svlug] clicky keyboard

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Mar 20 18:27:02 PST 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:05:20 -0800
wfrancis  <wfrancis at incyte.com> wrote:

> Being from the days of 25lb IBM clicky keyboards (with the 'F'
> keys in their rightful place ;-)

ie an IBM Model M.

> how anyone can use a Sun keyboard for more than 5 minutes is
> beyond me

Agreed.  Only Gateway has managed to ship are more utterly unusable
KB than Sun, and they had to work *really* hard to do that.

> How about you fellow listers? Know of a place that sells keyboards
> that have that old school sound and feel but with a slightly more
> updated layout than the circa '83 IBM 5150 XT keyboards I can get
> at the Salvation Army?

Do you want a 98 key, a 102 key, or (gods forbid) with the blasted
Windows keys?  The IBM Model Ms are 102 Key (I've got about a dozen
stashed here in case any die/wear out).

> Any more Everex keyboards in people closets? I'll make it worth
> your while go to check...

I'm quite sure Everex is not really what you are looking for.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu