[svlug] netscape & kill thread: does not work

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 16 23:36:01 PST 2001

  I use netscape to read emails (yes, yes, I already installed mutt) -
when I do kill thread the thread is marked and not shown, all new
messages are marked read and not shown as well. that seems to work ok.

  however, when I restart netscape (or do some other action, not sure
what else triggers it) the information about which thrreads are 'killed'
is lost, the messages in the threads are simple marked read but the
threads are not 'killed' anymore.

  related question - when would be killed threads actually deleted?

  TIA

	erik