[svlug] mroe rh-7.0 fun

Charles Peterman peterman at eecs.tufts.edu
Wed Mar 14 08:35:02 PST 2001

The last straw with me was RH's update service.  On my toy system, I
decided to see if it could actually update the kernel intelligently.

It got everything right, save modifying lilo.conf and running LILO.
More greviously, it erases your old kernel so the machine won't boot with
its old settings.  Yes, I discovered this the painful way.

Kind of a major step in updating the kernel, one would think.

But on the plus side, this experience added a new tool to my arsenal:
tomsrtbt.

tomsrtbt is my rescue floppy of choice.  It is quite complete and
functional.

www.toms.net/rb/home.html

-Charles