[svlug] Funny ???

kevin@ank.com kevin at ank.com
Fri Mar 9 21:03:01 PST 2001

Hi Drew,

You can resolve that easily enough by defining a smart host forwarder
in your sendmail configuration that is the mailer your ISP gave you
to use.  Personally I haven't run into the problem yet, but several
of the larger ISP's have started doing similar things to avoid spam
coming from dialup IP's.  This way ISPs can stem the flow of spam at
its source.

Why your ISP wouldn't set up a valid reverse lookup for their subnet
though I can't imagine.

Cheers,
-kls