[svlug] Funny ???

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Fri Mar 9 19:27:02 PST 2001

I am not getting text messages from the server xrentdvd.com.  They are
sitting in the mail queue with this complaint:

# mailq
-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
65AEB78D5       320 Thu Mar  8 11:44:37  root at xrentdvd.com
(host mta01.cdpd.airdata.com[199.88.234.33] refused to talk to me: 421
Service not available, closing transmission channel)
                                         4088870426 at mobile.att.net

I contacted AT&T Wireless and told them about this, they took the
information to pass on to a network person.  Two days later, the
network person passed on a response which their customer service
passed on to me.  Here it is:

--------------- Explanation from ATT Wireless ------------------

The IP of 37.24.164.209 must be defined w/ an address which matches
what is associated with 209.164.24.37.

The IP address in question is not defined for a reverse DNS in their
dns server.  This needs to be done in order for our message center to
accept the message.

When the reverse dns comes back invalid our system does not allow the
message to go through.

This seems completely ludicrous.  Funny, isn't it?

--
Drew Bertola  | Send a text message to my pager or cell ...