[svlug] windows media player for linux?

Morten S. Nielsen msn at ipl.dtu.dk
Thu Mar 8 08:22:01 PST 2001

On 07-03-2001 at 21:32, mike rushford wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Does anyone know if there is a windows media player for linux?
> I did not find one listed at the following link;
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/default.asp?Finish
>
> Thanks

If you want to play windows avi files on linux I can recommend
LAMP http://pauillac.inria.fr/lamp/ as a starting point. There's
a link for the different codecs on a Russian site which works with
LAMP.

LAMP is buggy and has not much of a UI but works well enough to see
the video.

--
- The Penguin's  1. We are better together than alone
-     Postulate  2. If you push something hard enough it will fall over