[svlug] Undeliverable Message

Rafael raffi at linwin.com
Sat Mar 3 14:23:01 PST 2001

Catching up with older messages...

The reason I replied to the original "joke" was the fact that at least 3
mailing lists recently had the same thing going around. Posting jokes and
such was "cool" earlier in the Internet age when there was not much to
talk about... The fact it came with an add for explorer pushed me over the
edge.

In any case, it's interesting what we "discovered" about email filters
with this excercize. I wonder what else email filters at informix.com are
doing?

Since Unix systems run many little daemons to get the job done I wonder
what's the position about that at religious organizations? What are their
filters?

http://www.tuatha.org/~mpk/weirdness/BSDaemon.html
comes to mind.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Derek J. Balling wrote:

> Maybe it was just because it mentioned "explorer.msn.com". ;-)

> At 7:59 PM -0800 3/1/01, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >You just  gotta love that,  informix decides  what's appropriate for  you to
> >receive.
> >
> >This "I'll judge for you what you can see and hear" attitude in this country
> >sickens me.

I would not generalize this based on one company, it's private property
after all. What sickens me more are "filters" created by the governments
in the Middle East, N. Korea, so called Myanmar(?), China, and perhaps
more.

How deep into China the following is going to make:
"Free Tibet".

> >That said, apparently "fucking morons" close to "NSI" was accepted by their
> >mail system recently, so their filters could be worse :-)
> >
> >Marc
> >
> >----- Forwarded message from postmaster at informix.com -----
> >
> >From: <postmaster at informix.com>
> >To: <svlug-admin at lists.svlug.org>
> >Subject: Undeliverable Message
> >Date: Thu, 01 March 2001 19:13:54 CST
> >
> >This message was rejected due to message content.

> >Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
> >                                      .... what McDonalds is to gourmet
> >cooking
> >
> >Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f at merlins.org for
> >PGP key

> --
> | dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
> |  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
> |                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
> |                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |

By the way Marc, are you allowed to enter McDonalds premises :-)

   O__  ---- Rafael Skodlar
  c/ /'_ --- Linux Imagineer since 1994
 (*) \(*) -- There is a tunnel at the end of light.