[svlug] Question on Backup and Securities

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jun 23 00:49:02 PDT 2001

begin  Con Tran quotation:

> What is the best way to backup the whole linux system to the second
> drive to be identical with the boot drive?

I'd use rsync, myself.  http://rsync.samba.org/  (You likely already
have it installed.)

> I have apache and tomcat installed on linux 7.1.

Wow, incredible!  I have only a patched version of 2.4.3.

> I want to have some security systems, what is security system I could
> install, any good and easy understand documentation on security system
> on-line to read.

Security is a huge topic.

--
Cheers,              There's a new religious cult known as Java's Witnesses.
Rick Moen            They go door to door, distributing salvation applets.
rick at linuxmafia.com