[svlug] Linux-Mandrake 8.0 and ReiserFS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 20 08:57:01 PDT 2001

Hey, Todd, thanks for the comprehensive explanation.

begin  Todd Lyons quotation:

[/boot as separate first primary partition, type ext2]

> Something I do as well.  And mount it ro.  In order to change things,
> you'd have to remount it rw, something you're easily able to do if you
> have legitimate access to the machine.

Personally, I figure it's best to just omit the "auto" option entirely,
so it's not mounted unless the root user manually does "mount /boot",
e.g., to put a new kernel there, or re-run /sbin/lilo.

--
<BLINK>Resize your browser so the following line touches both margins!</BLINK>
                           <HR WIDTH="75%">
                Best Regards, Rick Moen, rick at linuxmafia.com