[svlug] throw me a bone

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jun 19 02:02:02 PDT 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 01:32:01 -0700

> Todd, I can't help you with your immediate problem, but you might
> want to eschew PHP 4.05, if possible (or go straight to CVS).
> Have a look at the thread "php4 not in testing", here:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0106/threads.html

Aye, I ran into problems with the new mem_limits which resulted in
silent PHP4 failures to render pages containing multi-thousand line
here files (no errors, no logs).  Took me a while to sort out.
Debian also briefly suffered from a couple bad NMU PHP4 packages.

All of Petr's PHP4 packages have been solid for me.  Modules in use:

  extension=mysql.so
  extension=imap.so
  extension=pgsql.so
  extension=curl.so
  extension=mhash.so
  extension=gd.so
  extension=mnogosearch.so

mnogosearch.so was built locally.  All the rest are RC2 (was RC1)
from merlin.debian.net.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows