[svlug] [LOCAL] BayLISA meets Thurs, Jun 21

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Mon Jun 18 17:31:01 PDT 2001

Hello everyone.  For those of you with a sysadmin's hat on... BayLISA, the
Bay Area Large Installation System Administrators, is meeting this week,
and you might find our presentation interesting :)

WHEN: Third Thursday of every month
				This month, that's June 21, this Thursday.

MORE SPECIFIC WHEN:  7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.  Or so.  You know about getting the
	crowd to move out and go on to the afterdinner...

WHO: Rob Kolstad.

	Dr. Rob Kolstad has worked in the system administration world
        for almost 25 years. He co-edits ;login: (the USENIX magazine),
        coaches the the USA Computing Olympiad programming team, and
        makes his livelihood consulting on web-site and large-list
        e-mail automation issues.

THE TOPIC: System Administration as a Profession: Tough Challenges

	How system administration could move closer to being given
	more serious professional status, barriers to success, who
	works for or as sysadmins, etc.

WHERE: At Incyte Genomics Headquarters in Palo Alto
	Nearest cross street: Page Mill at Porter Drive
		just North of Foothill Xpwy and the 280.
	3160 Porter Drive

	Better details (such as a map) at
		http://www.baylisa.org/locations/current.html

You can also join the Afterdinner crowd at "The Board Walk" pizza and
other-foodstuff place afterwards (on the south side of El Camino between
Rengstorff and San Antonio Road).

Next month we'll have Google! speaking.  I look forward to seeing some of
you there !

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-