[svlug] Convincing Rationale URL for Old Man to Shorten Email Line Length?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jun 12 00:19:01 PDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:55:36 -0700
Marc MERLIN <marc_news at valinux.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 11:39:32PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 May 2001 22:42:45 -0700 todd <CB> wrote:

> Since we're talking about quoting and such, is it emacs that's
> responsible for that horrible merging of lines that weren't a
> paragraph, like you did to Todd's mail (mangling the signature
> which you probably could strip easily then)?

Possibly.  I've seen that happen when there is no .sig delim or
blank line between the .sig and text.  As I've been hacking ELisp
for the last couple weeks, its also possible that its due to any of
various things I broke in that process (I've been breaking almost as
much as I've been fixing, for some definition of "fixing").

I'm still trying to get winring to do exactly what I want, which
isn't really what it was written for, and of course, its being
resistant and crapping out on me.  And now buffermenu isn't globbing
directories for some damned stupid reason, which is the main (only)
reason I use it of course.  Ahh well.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows